Monday, August 13, 2012

Back from London (sort of)

Hello again! I'm back from my 17 day trip down a rabbit hole of Olympic coverage. I am probably the only person in America who actually likes watching the Olympics in prime time, which meant I basically had to swear off the internet to avoid spoilers. I do wish NBC would have mixed things up a bit, and showed more of some of the oddball sports like trampoline, synchronized swimming and ping pong in prime time. Even so, I spent 5 (!) hours glued to the TV each night.  And the fact it was set in London was icing on the cake, since I got to relive my 2006 trip with my then-boyfriend, now-hubby. Watching the games brought me right back to this...



Oh, college, you were so carefree. I'd love to go back (but minus the baby face!). If only I had one of these!
Alas, I had to settle for representing Team TARDIS at the Ravellenic Games. I made this fun dishtowel

and took home two medals! The Doctor Who theme played while I stood on the podium and I received Jelly Babies in lieu of flowers.


As much as I love the Olympics, I have to admit I'm a little relieved they're over and I can do more with my evenings than watch TV for hours on end. After all, there are things to make and books to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment