Thursday, May 24, 2012

Work in Progress: Mrs. Darcy Cardigan

I've been working on my first sweater, the Mrs. Darcy Cardigan from the book Knits that Fit. I have sleeves!

Clearly I have a ways to go, but I'm pretty proud to have made it this far. Now that I'm looking at this picture, they seem a bit short, but I can add on a few more rows before I do the raglan shoulder.

The finished product will hopefully look like this:
Source
It's a bit terrifying because it's knit from the bottom up, and I am not using the recommended yarn. Back when I decided to start this sweater, I lived in Florida, where there are about three days a year cold enough for a wool sweater. Cotton seemed much more practical, so I went with Knit Picks Comfy Worsted in Peony.



So far, so good! I'm off to my Thursday night knitting group. This has been a great project to take along because stockinette is so mindless I can chat away without worrying much about mistakes. I've already started the body, so my goal is to finish the whole sweater by the end of the summer. Of course, I'll be taking a break for the Ravelympics (Team TARDIS!).

No comments:

Post a Comment